DYPRO Multi-Purpose Dye is suitable for Natural fabrics, Nylon,Lycra and is also suitable for dyeing buttons and feathers. This multi-purpose dye is ideal for dyeing costumes and props of all types .
- Cotton linen
- Lycra® (elastane).
NOT suitable for pure synthetics (except nylon),
- Polyester/Wool mixtures
- Fabrics with special finishes.
All garments should be washed separately as Multi-Purpose Dye is not colorfast.
5g of powder is sufficient to dye up to 250g/8 oz dry weight fabric.
You will need:
- 30g / 1oz of salt
- Rubber gloves
- A saucepan
HAND METHOD: See special instructions for wool.
- Wear rubber gloves
- Weigh, wash and rinse articles. Strip colour if necessary with DYLON pre-dye
- Fill the vessel with sufficient hot water to cover article.
- Dissolve dye in 500ml/1 pint boiling water (see chart on the container for relevant quantities) and add to vessel.
- Add60g/2oz of salt per 500g/1lb of fabric to the vessel and stir well to dissolve.
- Immerse the damp article in the solution and bring to the simmer(95`C) maintain at simmer for 20minutes, stirring constantly.
- Rinse article until water runs clear. Dry away from direct heat and sunlight.
- Wash articles dyed with Multi-Purpose Dye separately.
- Immerse the damp article and bring slowly to the simmer and turn off heat at once
- Dye for 10 minutes, stirring gently
- Remove article from vessel and allow to cool to room temperature, before rinsing in lukewarm water until the water runs clear.
ACCESSORIES: Suitable for all plastics including polyester
- Dissolve 5g of dye in 500ml/1 pint boiling water
- Add plastic components (up to 125g/4oz if it can be submerged in 500ml/1 pint of water)
- Dye for 10 minutes at the boil.
- Rinse as per fabric
- Plastic components should be regularly checked for distortion as they are dyed. The dyeing process should be stopped should the components start to distort.